Wednesday 13 March 2019

Moving on - upwards or backwards?

It's been a lifetime since I lasted posted, and when I last did, it was about my disappointment with the CB650F that I had bought. I thought it would give me what I've been looking for in a middleweight, and it didn't.
I wanted something that felt 'right', a bike with soul, like the Hornets, that gave me an ear-to-ear grin as soon as I wheeled it out of the garage. Instead, I ended up with a bike that has masses of performance, but which left me feeling dissatisfied and uninspired.

Well, it's gone. To be replaced with a bike from Honda's new Neo Sport Cafe range, the new CB650R. LOL, there's nothing Neo, Sport or Cafe about it. But what it is, is a complete replacement for the Hornets. It's fast, compact, and Fun. I ordered it before it was launched, having never seen one. It was a last ditch attempt to find a bike I liked, and thank Heavens, the gamble has paid off.

From the moment I sat on it, it felt right. The ergonomics are perfect for me, although I do have reservations about the handlebars. They're not quite as high and wide as I normally have, to compensate for my poorly bent wrists. But I've been resisting changing them because the bike just feels so good. The inclusion of a slipper clutch compensates a little, so for the moment, it will stay as it is.

It's fast, light, comfortable, and has soul in buckets. It pleases me.

In fact, I don't know why Honda didn't just put Hornet stickers on it, and be done.

So, meet Vincent..........................


No comments:

Post a Comment