Friday 4 June 2010

You have the right to remain stupid

If someone told you the world was square with purple elephants on it, you'd be correct to label them stupid, insane or perhaps both and no one would disagree.

But you probably wouldn't call them stupid or insane to their face.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, even if it's wrong, stupid, ignorant and without any basis in reality. I respect that 'right'. But I don't have to necessarily agree with it.

When I point out to people, friends or otherwise, the inaccuracies of their logic or prove them wrong, they rant and rave like demented souls.
Then they tell me they have the RIGHT to their opinion.

Well, if your opinion is that 2 + 2 = 5, well I'm sorry, you're stupid. That's not an opinion, that's a fact
And most people just can't accept being told that they're wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment