Monday 27 February 2012

Jewellery update

Been quite productive lately, and, with a head full of ideas, there's a lot more to come!

Just recently, I've been making a lot of stuff inspired by the natural world. One of my big loves (along with millions of other people) is tigers. This is one of my tiger-inspired bracelets. There's two different versions in my shop (see link in right column)



This necklace, I love. I found the beautiful handmade glass acorn and oak leaf in another Folksy shop, and immediately was reminded of a little verse that I learnt as a child:

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he heard, the less he spoke
The less he spoke, the more he heard
Why can't we be like this old bird?

So, here is The Owl In The Oak Tree necklace, made with Kambaba Jasper:



The other piece I want to feature today, only has a loose connection with nature. The English language has many words with two or more completely different meanings. The words 'Spring' and 'nuts' are just examples. So, here is 'Nuts In Spring'. And you thought nuts only came in the Autumn? This bracelet has coiled springs of green wire, hexagonal motorcycle nuts, and carved nuts of the fruit kind from Africa.



The above bracelet is from my 'PunkyRider' collection - bling for biker chicks

As always, they can be found in my Folksy shop - LittleInsectProductions

No comments:

Post a Comment